Bay Area Pet Expo
Santa Clara County Fairgrounds
344 Tully Rd
San Jose, CA 95111
Santa Clara County Fairgrounds
Sat Jan 12
Splash 1 - 10:00AM
Splash 2 - 12:00PM
Splash 3 - 2:00PM
Finals - 4:00PM
Registration opens - 9AM
Open Practice Dock - 9AM
Dock Closes - 6PM
There will be practice between Splashes as time permits
Please check in at least 1 hour before your Splash and at least 1 hour prior to the Finals on Saturday for the Finals.
Be ready for your Splash. You will be scratched from the heat if you are not available.
Event Details/Entry Information
- Event Entry: Entry to the Bay Area Pet Expo is FREE!!
- Note: Due to construction at the Tully Road/101 freeway exits, which may make your arrival to the fairgrounds slower - you may wish to consider using the following exits as an alternative route: If traveling from the South on 101 (headed North) use the Capitol Expwy exit, turn right onto Senter Road, then make a left on Tully Road. If traveling from the North (headed South) on 101, use the Story Road exit, turn left on Senter Road, then make a right onto Tully Road.
- Parking: Parking is $8 per car
- Crating: On pavement around Splash Dogs venue area. .
- Venue Rules: Dogs must vaccination records and be on leash at all times.
- This is an event to be outdoors, run into Splash Pool .
- The dock will a 36' Dock Trailer.
- Training for new comers and others will be provided.
- This event will be open to all dog / handler teams who wish to enter as space permits.
- Please bring crate to store your dog or have other means to store your dog.
- Abuse will not be tolerated.
- Absolutely NO pushing, shoving or throwing your dog into the pool.
- Please have dogs shots up to date, tags or bring current shot and vaccine papers. Please be responsible for the safety of your dog and others!!!
- Dog / handler teams may enter only one or as many Splashes as they wish (a separate entry fee must be paid for each Splash)
- Dog / handler teams will be placed in groups of up to 15 teams within each heat.
- Each team will receive two (2) competition jumps.
- One dog/ handler on the dock at a time during competition.
- All dogs will have the opportunity to acclimate to the dock area prior to their first official competition jump as time permits.
- Allotted practice time based on event time constraints.
- The dock will close to all practice jumping 15 minutes prior to the start of each competition Splash, for competitors warm-up.
- Handlers or handlers representatives must be present to accept ribbons and awards.
- Ribbons will be awarded after each heat, so stick around. Ribbons will not be mailed.
- Female dogs in heat will NOT be allowed to compete or in the competition area.
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION:
- This Splash Dogs event is open to any dog / handler team who wishes to enter. You may do this in one of two ways: Online or on-site
- You will then be required to pay the registration fee, sign a waiver and show papers when you check-in at the event.
- Register on-site at least one hour prior to the heat(s) in which you would like to compete.
- Pre-Registrants will be given PRIORITY for entry in a Splash
- Heats will be determined as competitors enter.
- Entry e-mail confirmation -- please provide email address with registration.
- On-site registration will be available only as space permits. Please pre-register to ensure your spot in a Splash.
- There will not be a credit card machine at this event. Payments will be accepted in the form of cash or check.
Splash Registration Fee is $20 and $20 for additional Splashes, payable to Splash Dogs (cash, check). $20 to practice. If you decide to compete your practice fee will apply towards Splash entry fee. Practice is for Open dock practice