View Full Version : Wags For Wishes
07-10-2006, 09:37 AM
Just wanted to say Thanks to everyone who put on a great event . Daisy and I had so much fun. This was our First event ever, and Daisy loved every minute. My In-Laws even came out to watch their Grand-Doggie jump. Everyone who helped put this event on did a fantastic job, we had a BLAST and are looking forward to more jumps in the future.Thanks For A Weekend Of Fun
:lol: Renee Norris & Daisy :wink:
07-10-2006, 11:18 AM
GREAT EVENT AT WAGS!!!!
I'm known for doing a "favorites" list from events, so here's my top ten favorites (in no particular order)--although I will say I could easily have made a top 100 list from this event! :D
* Randy and Mary and The Flying Hawaiin! You are a beautiful family--I will also look at "rain" in a special way from here on out! Thank you for that lesson!
* Mark and Karla Stuart's hospitality and generosity! Great to see there are some old-timers in this sport still doing everything for all the right reasons! I loved the moment at the pool with the little girl! (and I love Friar-Pants!)
* Seeing competitors like Brian and Maximus, Melissa and Bubbles, Steph and Rampage, Tom and Grizzly, and all the others who are awesome! It was great to see you come out for another year and do so well with the dogs!
*Latitude 32--Mark, Lisa, Andrea--fun, fun, fun! Thanks for that!
*Seeing SO many awesome happy Wish Kids have incredibly special moments with these dogs--and the dogs who did that for the kids (Hogan, Wonder, Bubbles, Mickey D, Gunner, Quincy, Chase, Haley, Stryker, Maximus, Sadie, Ka'ua)
*Having two pools at the event--man did that put the dogs through the water!! Loved it!!
*BBQ dinner at Hotel Stuart on Saturday night--incredible food!
*A few tailgating get togethers! :lol:
* All the volunteers who put in so much work and long days in the sun to help people and their dogs and more importantly--to help raise money for an incredible cause!
*Bart Richardson and Gunner--you guys are amazing! Beach time is ALWAYS great time! :D :wink:
You California people are just wonderful, cool people! Can't wait for WAGS next year! It's on my vacation list every year now!
07-11-2006, 08:31 AM
What a awesome weekend. Congrats to eveyone for the HUGE jumps. Sadie and I had a great time talking with everyone. Splash Dogs gang, and all the volunteers, you deserve a HUGE THANK YOU. Once again you put on a great event...
Sadie may not be up with the big jumpers, but she shared some special moments with some VERY SPECIAL CHILDREN. Mark I want to personally thank you for letting Sadie and I share some special time with the kids. Thats what this event was all about, those special children.
Thank you all,
Cindy & Sadie
07-12-2006, 09:37 AM
Wags was a great event. Thanks as always to Tony, Randy, Greg, JR, Amanda, Becky, Lisa, and Mark.
Coming to a Splashdogs event is like coming to see family. Chase and I had a great time and Chase had his personal best at 19' 3" which isn't bad for a 6 1/2 year old with TPLO surgeries on both kness. But, what I appreciate most about Splashdog events is the support from fellow "competitors". Throughout each day a number of you would come up to me and either check to see if Chase's legs were doing okay or to tell me he looked as if he were limping (fortunatley he was not limping-he is just so darn bowlegged now, that he has the most perculiar walk). But, you have no idea how much that means to me that you would all be so concerned about his health and welfare. That is what makes Splashdogs is so special to us and why we love coming so much. We have fun jumping in the water and getting wet (I seemd to get as soaked as Chase does) and spending the weekend with such nice, caring, and considerate people.
Those of you who live up North are sooooooo lucky to have so many events. There is just nothing else like them.
Thank you Tony for making everything so fun and relaxed. Thank you Greg for great announcing and making everyone feel special. Thank you Mark for making it all happen.
There were many memorable moments, but here are just a few:
1) Seeing Randy up to his chest in water in the beginners pool all day long coaxing dogs to take their first jump.
2) Lisa & Becky on the beginners dock helping dog after dog after dog all weekend with never ending stamina and patience and smiles.
3) Amanda announcing on Friday and injecting little tidbits of info about every dog that she personally remembered from competitions from over a year ago all in with just a tinge of that charming midwestern accent and hospitality.
4) Greg unintentionally incorrectly announcing that my friend Mike was my husband instead of my friend, therby allowing me to make him my "husband for the day: and run errands for everyone. Half way through the day, he asked for a "divorce".
5) Watching JR all weekend do his job on the computers and sign up table surrounded by six adorable teenage girls who were Wags volunteers who were "helping" him.
6) Tony bringing every single person he could find at the Wags event that is from Texas to come by and tease me about USC losing to Texas in the Rose Bowl. All weekend long, I would see Tony of in the distance waving intently to get my attention and pointing to someone next to him giving me the "Go Texas" hand signal. Tony, you are the best and you make every event a blast. Cannot thank you enough for all or your concern about Chase in the last year and coming to Southern California and letting us have these great experiences with our dogs and making friends.
7) Mark being Mark-you just cannot say enough great things about Mark. He is one of a kind. Always there for you and making sure we were all having fun. His work getting the Wags kids involved in the jumps and enjoy the day was what Mark is all about. Mark, you are a special, special person.
8) Yelling "have fun" whenever Greg asked what is the number one rule of Splashdogs.
9) Watching big chocolate labrador Dunkin (Phoebe's brother) increase his jumps from 2 feet 11" to 3 feet even to 3 feet 1" as the day progressed.
10) Getting the opportunity to have one of the Wishes kids on the dock with Chase and me during a jump.
11) And finally, the smile on Bryce's face when she helped Andrea and Hailey on the dock. I do not know how these children deal with their pain and situations. But that Bryce is something else. I will never forget her huge smile and playfullness on the dock.
Thank you for it all. The only sad part of the weekend was on the drive back home Sunday evening when I realized that I had to wait an entire year before I could come back to Wags again.
Best to you all,
Brooke & Chase
07-12-2006, 10:08 AM
Ok, I wasn't sure which spot to post but this seems a likely space ~
Wanted to THANK everyone with Splash Dogs for making the Wags For Wishes show such a great event! Truly one of the highlights for a lot of people. It sounds like there were several of us participating in multiple venues and you guys were very accommodating, thank you. Please forgive me if I miss someone since I'm still learning names, but I will say that Mark, Greg, Tony and Randy were such troopers with the huge crowds, masses of dogs and special kids that came out to play. Really heartwarming to see the Wish kids jumping the dogs...
COOL that Amanda came out from the "Land of Cheese" to help out, too! You sure have patience, holy cow! Now you've met both Emmy & Pico, of the east-coast/west-coast sisters! :D
Mary and Randy - SO SAD to see you leave but if ya gotta go somewhere, I guess Hawaii is a pretty nice spot to be. 8)
Everyone was so helpful with encouragement and tips, it was really appreciated. Can't wait for the next event! We'll definitely be at the next Wags For Wishes show!!
Kim & Emmy
(a.k.a. "The Flying Squirrel")
07-12-2006, 11:03 PM
Yes... Thank you all for a wonderful weekend of dock jumping! My little red Golden, Quiz (now lovingly referred to as the Flying Quizini!) and I had a wonderful time with our introduction to dock jumping, thanks to the Splash Dogs team! :D You guys are awesome and we really had a great time. It was super fun watching his jump distance increase with each wave as he gained confidence and I got a better sense of timing for when to throw the toy.
We're hooked and can't wait to do it again. We've already put the Lancaster Bark in the Park event on our calendar for October!
Thanks again for showing us such a great time.
The So. Cal. Newbies -- Stephanie Colman and Quiz
07-13-2006, 11:45 AM
Just want to say a great big "Thank you" to Tony,Randy, JR, Greg, Amanda, Randy & Mary, & Lisa for making Splash Dogs such a great team event. Thanks, Tony, for coming down here to So.Cal.
And, a very special thanks to Mark for making this happen and especially for allowing me to help with a couple of the kids up on the dock-I felt very honored that you would pick me & Phoebe. I hope we can help out again next year-helping the kids is what it is all about. What a great cause.
Phoebe had such a good time, although I think her new favorite sport is obsacle lure coursing, that she came home pooped out for 2 days. Dunkin had a blast and those of you that may remember him from a couple previous events , know he was too chicken to go into the pool so big improvement for him.
Also, a big "thank you" to Mike, Brooke's 'husband' for the day, for being such a good sport. Brooke and I had great fun teasing him.
Congrats to all- Brian, your dog is amazing and just keeps getting better and better. Thanks for all your help & support. Kim, Emmy is flying, so amazing and great to see! And MIckey D- wow!!
Shari, great job with SuperDog and thank you for my hug- I definitely needed that!
I can't wait until Lancaster. We may have to travel up north to see you guys. You're so lucky to have 2 more events this month! I wish I could be there! Jump big, guys!
Marilyn & Phoebe
07-13-2006, 12:08 PM
Go ahead and brag a little about your dog! She was flying high! Did you set some new personal bests? Let everyone know!
Sandra, Jim, and MickeyD
vBulletin® v3.6.7, Copyright ©2000-2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.