Thanks again to the SplashDogs family for all the help getting the word out about dogs being fostered by people in our group! We had several people come by and meet Cocoa in San Mateo, and we'll have her at ISE Sacramento this Sunday too. Here's her info if you know someone who might be interested in providing her a loving home.
· Female mostly Chocolate Lab who is about 11 months old
· 50 lbs now and probably will mature to ~55 lbs
· Abused and abandoned mid-November at the Hollister shelter (physical scars have healed; emotional scars are improving: she is timid and shys from strangers, quick movement, and noises)
· Sweet, loving, soft and cuddly “lap dog” who is trying hard to trust people again.
· Very friendly/submissive with other dogs (shares toys/bones/beds and plays well)
· No signs of any aggression even if cornered (no fear aggression nor food aggression)
· Very willing to please so quickly learned delightful manners: housebroken, crate trained, quiet, sleeps all night, good in car/travel, eats anything, gently takes treats from hands, can touch/handle easily
· Progressing on training. OK on leash and learning sit/down. Willingly comes when call her name.
· Vet work done: spayed, microchipped, shots, heartworm tested and de-wormed.
Cocoa will be a loyal companion to someone who gives her time to gain her trust. If you want to make a difference in a dog's life, this little girl would undoubtedly be grateful and melt your heart with her willingness to forgive people. She would be best in a home with other animals (she gains confidence following other dogs and has been fine around cats) and without young children (she's not aggressive towards children but gets more fearful around fast people movement).
for more photos and information including contact email.