Ten Commandments for Responsible Care of Pets
Found this at my Vet's today and thought I would share......
1. My life is likely to last 10-15 years. Any separation from you will be very painful. I want to stay by your side for my whole life.
2. Give me time to understand what you want of me. Read pet training books or get a kind professional trainer to help you teach me. I learn best with praise for doing what you want. Shouting or hitting just hurts and scares me.
3. Place your trust in me-it is crucial for my well-being. But please never leave me unsupervised with small children. If anything were to happen, it may cost me my life.
4. Spend time playing with me, get me safe toys/bones to entertain me when you're not here, and don't leave me alone for long periods of time. You have to work, your friends, your entertainment. I only have you!
5. Talk to me. Even if I don't understand all of your words, I understand your voice when you are speaking to me.
6. Keep me healthy with regular health checkups, vaccinations, needed medical care and make sure I'm spayed or neutered. Give me good food, and make sure I get plenty of water, fresh air, and exercise.
7. Make sure that the place I live is clean, safe and secure. I need a protected and comfortable place to sleep and to get out of the hot sun in the summer and rain & cold in the winter. When it's hot, I'd rather stay home than go with you and be left in a hot car.
8. Be sure that I always have on my collar and identification tags-if I ever get lost, they are critical for our being reunited.
9. Treat me gently and with kindness. I'll never forget it. Before you scold me for being lazy or uncooperative, ask yourself if something might be bothering me. Perhpas I'm not getting the right food, I've been out in the sun too long, or I may be getting old and weak or can't hear you.
10. Take care of me when I get old. Stay by me when I am ill and when I must say my final goodbye. Never say, "I can't bear to watch it" or "Let it happen in my absence". Everything is easier for me if you are there. Remember, I love you.
Sandra, Jim & MickeyD
First dog timed out in 2009!
2008 First Platinum Award Winner
MickeyD PB 24' 2"
2007 "Entertainer on the Dock"
My Mom won "Best Cheerleader 2007"
Peja "Winner of the May Photo Contest"
Jazzie 3 year old Labradoodle PB?
Please help rescue visit www.aaarf.petfinder.org
"Personally I've always felt the best doctor in the world is a veterinarian he can't ask his patients whats the matter he's just got to know"