UKC Titling Program
In the beginning of 2010, Splash Dogs announced a partnership with the United Kennel Club. As part of this partnership, Splash Dogs will now offer select events where our competitors may earn United Kennel Club titles in addition to the existing titling programs currently available through Splash Dogs.
Splash Dogs is pleased to announce the first three events which will be sanctioned by the United Kennel Club in 2010, first up this weekend is the Sesquicentenial celebration Jesup, Iowa ! Then we go on to the east coast on July 17th to the Teamworks Dog Training Center in Youngsville, NC for the Teamworks July Splash Down and the last will be at the "Fly in Memory of Primo" at the Sonoma County Fair in Santa Rosa, CA, registration to open in the next few days.
UKC Titling Program
The following will help you understand the titling program as Splash Dogs opens its competitor's opportunities even further than before.
* Splash Dogs events which offer the UKC Titling Program are open to all dog/handler teams, whether their dog is registered with the UKC or not. Dogs may choose to compete without being involved in the UKC Titling Program at these events.
* In order to participate in the UKC Titling Program, your dog must be registered with the United Kennel Club prior to the day of the event. You must present your dog's UKC registration number to Splash Dogs when checking in at the event.
* Splash Dogs will keep a UKC Rankings page on its website recognizing each dog's longest jump.
* There will be a $5 increase in the competition fee for participants who wish to enroll UKC titling program. This increase will be $25 per competition, and is due to additional administration and recording fees
* UKC Titles are awarded after the United Kennel Club receives and processes the official event report from the host club, "Splash Dogs"
* Splash Dogs will report results for UKC titling participants to UKC within 10 days after each UKC sanctioned event.
For questions on the United Kennel Club Dock Jumping Rules & Regulations please visit - http://www.ukcdogs.com/WebSite.nsf/R...ingUKCLicensed
Splash Dogs Competition Rule Addendums
There are a few differences between the Splash Dogs and UKC rules of competition. In order to work around these differences we are adding two addendums to the Splash Dogs Rules for events which are UKC sanctioned, they are;
* Time Limit on the Dock during competition
o Splash Dog events which are UKC sanctioned will have no time limit on the dock throughout the event. However, if a team abuses their time on the dock, the judge may ask the competitor to be excused to the end of the competition running order.
* One Handler on the Dock during competition
o Competitors who are participating in the UKC Titling Program will have the option to use one or two handlers on the dock during competition.
If a handler chooses to use two handlers on the dock, the handler must inform Splash Dogs Registration prior to the beginning of the competition.
o Scores resulting from the two handler method will not be included in the overall Splash Dogs Event Results or Rankings. They will be included in an overall UKC Rankings within the Splash Dogs Event Rankings.
o One handler UKC competitor scores will be included in Splash Dogs Event Results and Rankings
o The UKC Chairperson of the event will determine whether an overall UKC Division Event Finals will take place in addition to regular Splash Dogs event finals.
If you have questions regarding Splash Dogs UKC Titling Program, please direct them to firstname.lastname@example.org