We've finally written down our message board guidelines. Nothing's changed - it's just been written down!
The guidelines are available under the FAQ section of the messageboard at:
They are also included below. If you have any questions or concerns, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Rules effective February 1, 2008.
Splash Dogs Message Board Rules
Splash Dogs is the sole owner of the Splash Dogs Message Board. Membership on this message board is for our competitors, participants and those interested in the sport of dock jumping. The purpose of this message board is to provide an open forum for an exchange of various ideas, opinions, and information between dock jumping enthusiasts.
Topics which directly relate to the policies of other dock jumping organizations are considered inappropriate for discussion on this message board. Comments or questions regarding Splash Dogs policy or other general Splash Dogs business should be addressed to the Splash Dogs Administrator at email@example.com
The Messageboard Manager is responsible for maintaining and executing the Messageboard Rules, thereby ensuring the message board community remains professional, respectful and amiable towards all participants. Posts may be screened at the discretion of the Messageboard Manager. As such, the Messageboard Manager reserves the right to deny publication of any post submitted to the Message Board. Members in violation of the Messageboard Rules may be placed on moderated status, read-only status, or suspended from messageboard participation. Please follow these general guidelines when drafting your emails:
* Only one email address per member is permitted for membership on this message board.
* Members are expected to exhibit professional and respectful behavior toward each other during discussions. Personal discussions and/or personal disagreements may not be engaged or provoked on this message board.
* Emails posted with the purpose of initiating a discussion to criticize a person, or topics written with the intent to incite negative responses, shall be recognized as unprofessional behavior and participants may be removed from the message board. Topics that are addressing issues, suggestions for change, or concerns must be constructive.
* All posts selling items for personal profit must be posted in the Classifieds forum. These items may not be in direct competition with any product or service that Splash Dogs offers. Also, the selling of live animals (including puppies) is not permissable. Commercial sales or selling of items not related to dogs and dock jumping are also not allowed
* All rescue posts (i.e. Looking for a good home for 3 year old Lab) must be posted in the Rescue Connection forum.
* All posts to the message board must include a clear and specific subject line/title; “digest” is not considered an acceptable subject/title.
* All emails must be signed. Signatures must include your first name. It is suggested that you also include your city and state. Signature information may not contain items for sale for personal profit in direct competition with products or services offered by Splash Dogs
* Quoted text must be edited down to the minimum amount needed and properly identified as quoted text.
* Members who are unable to comply with these guidelines may loose the ability to participate on the message board.
Last edited by renegade : 01-31-2008 at 01:44 PM.